|HD DVD NEWS||Receive HD DVD News via RSS|
Genius Jumps into HD DVD, Blu-ray
Tags: Disc Announcements, Weinstein Co. (all tags) Genius Products, the home video distribution partner of The Weinstein Company, have announced their first wave of HD DVD titles will debut this holidays season, with Blu-ray support to follow early next year.
At presstime, only the thriller 'Derailed' has been given a definite release date of December 5, though Genius plans to release seven HD DVD titles by the end of 2006, spread across two waves. Among other titles expected to be included in the lineup are 'Clerks 2,' 'Scary Movie 4,' 'Wolf Creek,' 'Pulse' and 'The Matador.'
Early next year, Genius also plans to unleash their first Blu-ray titles, beginning with releases from ESPN, which is owned by ABC/Disney, a big Blu-ray backer.
The company unveiled their next-gen format plans at the CEDIA Expo 2006 earlier today.
With the exact titles in Genius' first two HD DVD waves still unspecified, we've only added a new listing for 'Derailed' to out HD DVD Release Calendar. But stay tuned for further details as soon as they are announced.
- Related links:
- Genius Ready to 'Feast' on Success [Home Media Retailing]
- Most Recent HD DVD Headlines:
- Weekend Roundtable: One Sequel Too Many
- 'Star Trek: Enterprise - The Complete Second Season' Blu-ray Date and Pre-Orders Live
- 'Ace Ventura: Pet Detective' and 'Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls' Dated for Blu-ray
- 'Blood and Sand' Blu-ray Announced
- Theatrical Review: 'Fast & Furious 6'
- More HD DVD News...