|HD DVD NEWS||Receive HD DVD News via RSS|
Warner to Raise Next-Gen Bar with Five-Disc 'Blade Runner'
Tags: Disc Announcements, Warner (all tags)
Still no release date, but more details have surfaced for Warner Home Video's highly-anticipated next-gen versions of 'Blade Runner,' which now promise to set a new capacity benchmark for a single-title release.
Music to the ears of sci-fi fans everywhere, Warner first announced that 'Blade Runner' would be getting the deluxe high-def treatment late last year. Only a few details have trickled out since, most notable among them that the studio is targeting an October time frame for a cross-platform release on Blu-ray, HD DVD and standard-def DVD.
Now, as part of a special presentation at this week's Home Media Expo in Las Vegas (which also saw the studio unveil plans for a 'Harry Potter' box set), Warner has revealed further details on the highly anticipated title.
Boasting a total of five (count 'em, five!) discs, the next-gen release of 'Blade Runner' promises to set a new record in terms of number of discs for a single-title high-def release.
What exactly all those discs will house has yet to be revealed, but Warner has confirmed that 'Blade Runner' will be presented in multiple versions, including a recut 'Essential 25th Anniversary Edition' featuring both newly-shot and never-before-seen restored footage.
- Related links:
- 'Hary Potter,' Others Coming in Q4 [Video Business]
- Earlier on High-Def Digest:
- 'Blade Runner' Comes to Blu-ray, HD DVD This October (May 18, 2007)
- Replicants Rejoice: Warner to Bring 'Blade Runner' to High-Def DVD (May 30, 2006)
- Attention Muggles! Warner Announces 'Harry Potter' Films for Blu-ray, HD DVD (Jul 17, 2007)
- Most Recent HD DVD Headlines: