|HD DVD NEWS||Receive HD DVD News via RSS|
Warner Unleashes 'Twister' Blu-ray, HD DVD Specs
Tags: Disc Announcements, Warner (all tags)
In its first official title alert since aligning itself with Blu-ray, Warner has issued full specs for its previously-announced dual-format release of 'Twister.'
Although the studio indicated in its Blu-ray exclusivity announcement that its remaining HD DVD releases would follow the Blu-ray and DVD versions after a "short window," Warner says that 'Twister' is still on track for its previously announced May 6 release date -- on both Blu-ray and HD DVD.
The studio says the long-awaited catalog release will port over all of the special features from the 2004 DVD release, including an audio commentary with director Jan De Bont and visual effects supervisor Stefan Fangmeir, the "Anatomy of a Twister" featurette, an HBO First Look special, the History Channel Documentary “Nature Tech: Tornadoes," a Van Halen music video, and a collection of theatrical trailers.
The sole fresh addition to this 2008 re-issue is the newly-produced retrospective featurette "Chasing the Storm: Twister Revisited."
Tech specs include identical 1080p/VC-1 encodes, and PCM 5.1 Surround audio on the Blu-ray, with the HD DVD getting a comparable Dolby TrueHD 5.1 Surround option (both include English and French Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround dubs).
Warner has set a suggested $28.98 list price for each of the next-gen versions.
- Earlier on High-Def Digest:
- Breaking: Warner Goes Blu-ray Exclusive (Jan 04, 2008)
- Most Recent HD DVD Headlines:
- HDD Deal of the Week: 'Stargate Atlantis: The Complete Series' Blu-ray $59.99 at Amazon!
- Weekend Roundtable: 2013 Xmas Wish List
- Samsung Rumored to be Developing AMOLED Tablets
- 'Captain Phillips' Blu-ray Dated and Detailed
- Kinect, Microtransactions, and Turkeys Collide on the Xbox One
- More HD DVD News...