|HD DVD NEWS||Receive HD DVD News via RSS|
Warner Reveals Specs (and a Street Date Delay) for 'That's Entertainment' Blu-ray, HD DVD
Tags: Disc Announcements, Warner (all tags)
Devotees of MGM's classic movie musicals will have to wait four more weeks for 'That's Entertainment: The Complete Collection' to hit Blu-ray and HD DVD, but the set's just-confirmed specs promise to make the delay one worth waiting.
As we've previously reported, back in early September, Warner announced a November 20 next-gen bow for 'That's Entertainment: The Complete Collection,' which compiles all three 'That's Entertainment' films in a single high-def box set. Now, however, it seems fans will have to keep their dancing shoes on ice just wee bit longer, with the studio confirming a month-long delay for the set, which is now due for Blu-ray and HD DVD release on December 18th.
The good news is that final specs for the three-disc set reveal a bounty of bonus features. In addition to new introductions for each film from noted film historian Robert Osborne, extras include two documentaries ("“The Masters Behind The Musicals" and "That’s Entertainment! III Behind the Screen"), the "That’s Entertainment: 50 Years of MGM" and "Mike Douglas Show" TV specials, an additional "Just One More Time" featurette, archival and premiere footage, the "Lion Roars Again" cartoon short, and an "MGM Outtake Jukebox" which includes an impressive array of rarely-seen deleted musical numbers from the cutting-room floor.
Tech specs include new remasters of each film in 1080p/VC-1 video and dual Dolby TrueHD and Dolby Digital 5.1 surround audio tracks.
List price for this fully stuffed collection is $59.98 apiece for the Blu-ray and HD DVD.
As always, you'll find complete disc details for 'That's Entertainment! The Complete Collection' linked from our Blu-ray Release Schedule and HD DVD Release Schedule, where it is indexed under its new date of December 18, 2007.
We've also set up dedicated threads for Warner's latest in our Forums area -- click the following links to discuss the 'That's Entertainment!' Blu-ray release and the 'That's Entertainment!' HD DVD release.
- Discs mentioned in this article: (Click for specs and reviews)
- That’s Entertainment: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
- That’s Entertainment: Complete Collection (HD DVD)
- Earlier on High-Def Digest:
- Warner to Bow 'That's Entertainment' Collection on HD DVD, Blu-ray (Sep 17, 2007)
- Most Recent HD DVD Headlines:
- 'The Shadow: Collector's Edition' Blu-ray Announced
- NimbleTV Brings Streaming Cable to New York City Customers
- 'Baggage Claim' Dated and Detailed for Blu-ray
- AllSeen Alliance Forms to Advance Seamless Device Sharing and Integration
- 'I'm in Love with a Church Girl' Blu-ray Features Detailed
- More HD DVD News...