|HD DVD NEWS||Receive HD DVD News via RSS|
Warner Dials 'One Missed Call' on Blu-ray, HD DVD
Tags: Disc Announcements, Warner (all tags)
Answering the call for more Japanese horror remakes on high-def disc, Warner has announced a spring dual-format release of the Edward Burns-starrer 'One Missed Call.'
A remake of the Japanese chiller 'Chakushin Ari,' 'One Missed Call' scraped up meager returns at the box office this past January, setting the stage for a speedy trip to video. In keeping with their current dual-format release strategy, Warner has set an April 22 arrival for the Blu-ray (day-and-date with the standard-def DVD), followed three weeks later by the HD DVD/DVD combo on May 13.
Tech specs shared by both high-def versions include identical 1080p/VC-1 encodes, and English, French and Spanish Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround audio and subtitle options.
No supplements have been announced for either high-def format, or the standard-def DVD.
Suggested retail for the Blu-ray and HD DVD/DVD combo has been set at $35.98 a pop.
- Discs mentioned in this article: (Click for specs and reviews)
- One Missed Call (Blu-ray)
- One Missed Call (HD DVD)
- Most Recent HD DVD Headlines:
- 'The Best of Bogart Collection' Dated for Blu-ray
- LG Implementing AllJoyn Technology in Smart TVs
- PSA: Xbox One In Stock at Amazon
- Report: 'Gran Turismo 6' Offers Loads of Microtransactions Alongside Conventional Player Progression
- Universal to Donate Portion of Proceeds from FAST 6 to Paul Walker's Charity
- More HD DVD News...