|HD DVD NEWS||Receive HD DVD News via RSS|
'Alexander Revisited' Charges to HD DVD, Blu-ray This September
Tags: Disc Announcements, Warner (all tags)
After a six-month delay, Warner Home Video has announced it will at last bring Oliver Stone's 'Alexander: Revisited' to Blu-ray and HD DVD this September.
A critical and commercial bust upon its original theatrical release, Oliver Stone's 'Alexander' has already hit standard-def DVD in two separate versions -- the theatrical version, and a substantially shorter 'Director's Cut.'
Then, late last year, Warner announced it was working with Stone to produce a new, definitive version of the much-maligned epic that would reinstate an additional 45 minutes of footage not seen in any prior version.
Dubbed 'Alexander Revisited: The Final Cut,' the studio originally planned a simultaneous bow on DVD, Blu-ray and HD DVD for February 27, 2007, but then subsequently postponed only the next-gen versions without explanation.
Now, Warner has announced 'The Final Cut' will finally make its long-delayed high-def debut on September 18.
Specs include newly-remastered 1080p video, and standard Dolby Digital 5.1 surround tracks on both the Blu-ray and HD DVD.
Extras are set to mirror the standard-def DVD version, which was a slim package that included only a new Introduction by Stone, and the film's Theatrical Trailer.
Warner has set a $28.99 list price for each of the next-gen versions.
We've also set up dedicated threads for all the titles in our new Forums area -- click the following links to discuss the 'Alexander Revisited: The Final Cut' Blu-ray release and the Alexander Revisited: The Final Cut' HD DVD release.
- Discs mentioned in this article: (Click for specs and reviews)
- Alexander Revisited (Blu-ray)
- Alexander Revisited (HD DVD)
- Earlier on High-Def Digest:
- Oliver Stone's 'Alexander' Redux to Make HD DVD, Blu-ray Bow (Dec 18, 2006)
- Warner Bumps High-Def 'Alexander' (Jan 19, 2007)
- Most Recent HD DVD Headlines:
- HDD Deal of the Week: 'Stargate Atlantis: The Complete Series' Blu-ray $59.99 at Amazon!
- Weekend Roundtable: 2013 Xmas Wish List
- Samsung Rumored to be Developing AMOLED Tablets
- 'Captain Phillips' Blu-ray Dated and Detailed
- Kinect, Microtransactions, and Turkeys Collide on the Xbox One
- More HD DVD News...