|HD DVD NEWS||Receive HD DVD News via RSS|
'300' to Conquer Blu-ray, HD DVD This July
Tags: Disc Announcements, Warner (all tags)
Warner Home Video has announced it will bring the blockbuster '300' to Blu-ray and HD DVD this July in feature-laden special edition sets.
Fueled by a domestic gross of over $200 million, the ultra-violent, CGI-fueled extravaganza was the surprise hit of the winter season.
Warner will bow both a Blu-ray and HD DVD version of the spectacle on July 31, each boasting impressive tech specs and copious bonus features.
Both the BD-50 Blu-ray and HD DVD/DVD combo versions will feature identical 1080p/VC-1 transfers and, in a welcome move from Warner, matching Dolby TrueHD (48kHz/16-bit) 5.1 surround tracks.
Also comparable on each will be "over 90 minutes of bonus features," including audio commentary with director Zack Snyder and the filmmakers, multiple featurettes and more.
Things become a bit more lopsided as we move into the high-def exclusive features, with only the HD DVD edition (not the Blu-ray) also boasting a picture-in-picture video commentary, plus the exclusive "Vengeance & Valor" interactive game.
Retail will be $39.95 for the HD DVD combo, and $34.95 for the Blu-ray.
- Earlier on High-Def Digest:
- '300' to Conquer Blu-ray, HD DVD This July (May 15, 2007)
- Warner Brings 'Blood Diamond' to Blu-ray, HD DVD (Apr 19, 2007)
- Most Recent HD DVD Headlines:
- 'The Shadow: Collector's Edition' Blu-ray Announced
- NimbleTV Brings Streaming Cable to New York City Customers
- 'Baggage Claim' Dated and Detailed for Blu-ray
- AllSeen Alliance Forms to Advance Seamless Device Sharing and Integration
- 'I'm in Love with a Church Girl' Blu-ray Features Detailed
- More HD DVD News...