|HD DVD NEWS||Receive HD DVD News via RSS|
Universal Makes First HD-DVD Titles Official, Unveils Box Art
Tags: Disc Announcements, Universal (all tags) Less than a week away from the launch of the first HD-DVD players and discs, Universal has at last officially announced its first next-gen DVD title offerings. The news comes only a day after the trade press began reporting that details on the studio's first HD-DVD titles had begun to leak out via online retailers.
The studio will release the 'Firefly' big-screen spin-off 'Serenity' on the format April 18, followed by 'Apollo 13' and an unrated 'Doom' on April 25. Each disc will retail for a suggested list price of $34.99.
Though Universal has yet to announce disc details on tech specs and bonus features, the studio has issued the box cover art for all three titles. Each utilizes the same key art as the current standard DVD releases, though those white swooshes are rather nifty:
For a complete list of currently announced HD-DVD titles visit our HD-DVD Release Schedule, which has now been updated to reflect Universal's new offerings
- Earlier on High-Def Digest:
- 'Serenity' to Lead Off Universal's First HD-DVD Titles (Apr 11, 2006)
- Most Recent HD DVD Headlines:
- Weekend Roundtable: One Sequel Too Many
- 'Star Trek: Enterprise - The Complete Second Season' Blu-ray Date and Pre-Orders Live
- 'Ace Ventura: Pet Detective' and 'Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls' Dated for Blu-ray
- 'Blood and Sand' Blu-ray Announced
- Theatrical Review: 'Fast & Furious 6'
- More HD DVD News...