|HD DVD NEWS||Receive HD DVD News via RSS|
Ang Lee's 'Lust, Caution' Headed to HD DVD (UPDATED)
Tags: Disc Announcements, Universal (all tags)
UPDATE: We have received an update from Universal that due to a "clerical mistake," the original press release for 'Lust, Caution' that indicated an HD DVD release was erroneous, and the title will not be released in high-def at this time. The press release (which can be read in full here) has since been corrected, and we've removed the title from our upcoming HD DVD release list.
Universal has announced it will bring the Ang Lee erotic thriller 'Lust, Caution' to HD DVD this February, in its original unexpurgated NC-17 version.
Universal first announced 'Lust, Caution' for release February 19 on standard-def DVD only, but in a last-minute addition to its winter next-gen line-up, the studio has confirmed it will also debut a HD DVD/DVD combo version, day-and-date with the standard DVD.
Although Universal is issuing two separate DVD editions of 'Lust, Caution' on DVD -- the original NC-17 cut and a tamer R-rated version -- only the uncut version will be available on HD DVD.
No further tech specs or supplemental details have been revealed just yet, but we'll keep you posted.
The HD DVD/DVD combo has been set at a suggested retail price of $39.98.
You'll find the latest disc details for 'Lust, Caution' linked from our HD DVD Release Schedule, where it's indexed under February 19, 2008.
- Discs mentioned in this article: (Click for specs and reviews)
- So I Married an Axe Murderer (Blu-ray)
- Most Recent HD DVD Headlines:
- HDD Deal of the Week: 'Stargate Atlantis: The Complete Series' Blu-ray $59.99 at Amazon!
- Weekend Roundtable: 2013 Xmas Wish List
- Samsung Rumored to be Developing AMOLED Tablets
- 'Captain Phillips' Blu-ray Dated and Detailed
- Kinect, Microtransactions, and Turkeys Collide on the Xbox One
- More HD DVD News...