|HD DVD NEWS||Receive HD DVD News via RSS|
'Dragon Tiger Gate' Coming to HD DVD
Tags: Disc Announcements, Tai Seng (all tags)
Tai Seng has announced their latest next-gen release, bringing the Asian action spectacular 'Dragon Tiger Gate' to HD DVD this February
Helmed by top Asian action director Wilson Yip and based on the popular comic series "Oriental Heroes," 'Dragon Tiger Gate' tells the story of three young martial arts masters who emerge from the streets to help the powerless fight injustice. Although the film received only limited theatrical distribution in the United States, it was one of the biggest box office hits of 2006 in its native Hong Kong, and plans are already underway for a sequel.
'Dragon Tiger Gate' is the second next-gen title to be announced by indie distributor Tai Seng, but in an unusual twist on the format-agnostic approach, 'Gate' will be released on HD DVD only, while the previously-announced 'Initial D' will be released on Blu-ray only. (A rep for the company tells us that they are currently "testing the waters" for both formats individually with these two releases.)
Tai Seng has set a February 26, 2008 release date for the 'Dragon Tiger Gate' HD DVD release. Tech specs weren't available at press time, but we expect them in the coming days.
In the meantime, you'll find preliminary disc details for 'Dragon Tiger Gate' linked from our HD DVD Release Schedule, where it's indexed under February 26.
- Discs mentioned in this article: (Click for specs and reviews)
- Firefly (Blu-ray)
- Initial D (Blu-ray)
- Earlier on High-Def Digest:
- Tai Seng Jumps Into Blu-ray with 'Initial D' (Nov 23, 2007)
- Most Recent HD DVD Headlines:
- 'The Shadow: Collector's Edition' Blu-ray Announced
- NimbleTV Brings Streaming Cable to New York City Customers
- 'Baggage Claim' Dated and Detailed for Blu-ray
- AllSeen Alliance Forms to Advance Seamless Device Sharing and Integration
- 'I'm in Love with a Church Girl' Blu-ray Features Detailed
- More HD DVD News...