|HD DVD NEWS||Receive HD DVD News via RSS|
Report: Paramount Plans 30+ Titles For HD DVD in 2008
Tags: Disc Announcements, Paramount (all tags)
No specifics yet, but Paramount is apparently planning to debut at least thirty new HD DVD titles in 2008.
That's according to an article in Home Media Megazine, which cites a Paramount rep at this week's meeting of the DVD Forum in Universal City, CA as its source.
No specific titles, street dates or further specs were given.
Despite reports to the contrary, a total of 30 titles would not represent an increased commitment for the newly-HD DVD exclusive studio. In fact, by our count, the combined number of 2007 HD DVD releases from Paramount and its subsidiary DreamWorks will be exactly thirty (including nine announced titles between now and the end of the year).
Of course, with the studio delivering gangbuster titles like 'Transformers,' 'Shrek the Third' and 'Star Trek:The Original Series' this quarter alone, title counts in and of themselves would seem to be beside the point.
Thus far, the studio has officially announced only one new HD DVD title for next year -- a long-delayed next gen edition of 'Zodiac,' due January 8.
Needless to say, we'll keep you posted on all of Paramount's upcoming HD DVD title announcements as soon as they are officially confirmed. Watch this space!
- Related links:
- DVD Forum: Paramount to Up HD DVD Efforts in 2008 [Home Media Magazine]
- Discs mentioned in this article: (Click for specs and reviews)
- Transformers (2007) (HD DVD)
- Shrek the Third (HD DVD)
- Star Trek: The Original Series - Season One (HD DVD)
- Zodiac: Director's Cut (HD DVD)
- Earlier on High-Def Digest:
- Paramount Reveals Specs for 'Zodiac' HD DVD (Oct 03, 2007)
- Most Recent HD DVD Headlines: