|HD DVD NEWS||Receive HD DVD News via RSS|
Paramount Says 'There Will Be Blood' on HD DVD
Tags: Disc Announcements, Paramount (all tags)
Toshiba may have sounded the death knell for HD DVD Tuesday, but that didn't stop Paramount from announcing a two-disc special edition HD DVD of 'There Will Be Blood' for early April.
One of the most acclaimed films of the last year, Paul Thomas Anderson's epic tale of American oil prospectors is a leading contender for the Best Picture Oscar going into this weekend's ceremony, where star Daniel-Day Lewis is also a front-runner for Best Actor.
Paramount says it will debut 'There Will Be Blood' as two-disc HD DVD on April 8, day-and-date with the standard-def DVD.
Supplements announced so far include two making-of featurettes ("There Will Be Blood: Pics, Research, Etc.", "The Story of Petroleum"), 15 minutes of deleted scenes, and theatrical and teaser trailers. More details are expected to be unveiled shortly, so stay tuned.
Tech specs for the HD DVD include 1080p/VC-1 video and Dolby TrueHD 5.1 Surround audio.
Suggested retail for the HD DVD edition has been set at $39.99.
As always, you'll find the latest specs for 'There Will Be Blood' linked from our HD DVD Release Schedule, where it's indexed under April 8.
- Discs mentioned in this article: (Click for specs and reviews)
- Dirty Harry (Blu-ray)
- Most Recent HD DVD Headlines:
- 'Hannibal: Season One' Blu-ray Pre-Orders Live
- Xbox One Unveiled as the Ultimate All-in-One Entertainment System
- 'The Sword in the Stone: 50th Anniversary Edition' Announced for Blu-ray
- 'G.I. Joe: Retaliation' Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D Dated
- Videogame Releases: Week of May 19th, 2013
- More HD DVD News...