|HD DVD NEWS||Receive HD DVD News via RSS|
Paramount Announces First HD DVD Titles
Tags: Disc Announcements, Paramount (all tags) Months after first pledging support for the HD DVD format at CES 2006, Paramount Home Entertainment has unveiled its first three waves of disc releases, the studio announced today.
The studio will kick-off its support on July 25 with four titles: the action hits 'Lara Croft: Tomb Raider,' 'Sahara' and 'Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow,' plus the Tim Burton horror smash 'Sleepy Hollow.'
Paramount will follow that up with a second slate on August 1 that includes 'Four Brothers,' 'We Were Soldiers' and the 2004 remake of 'The Manchurian Candidate.'
Then three additional titles will see release on August 8: 'Aeon Flux,' 'The Italian Job' and 'U2: Rattle & Hum.'
"Our first ten titles showcase the breadth of advantages that the format offers,” said Kelley Avery, president of worldwide home entertainment for Paramount Pictures.
Paramount has not yet announced specs or technical details for its initial titles at presstime; retail will list for $29.95 apiece.
Though the studio has previously pledged support for rival Blu-ray, they have not yet announced titles for the format.
The latest details for all of Paramount's new announcements have been added to our comprehensive HD DVD Release Schedule.
- Related links:
- Paramount Gives HD DVD Slate [Video Business]
- Most Recent HD DVD Headlines:
- HDD Deal of the Week: 'Gettysburg / Gods and Generals: Limited Collector's Edition' Blu-ray $33.99 at Amazon
- "Mastered in 4K" and the Road to Ultra HD
- Weekend Roundtable: Into Darkness
- 'The Borgias: The Complete Third Season' Blu-ray Dated and Detailed
- Reminder: 'Texas Chainsaw 3D' Contest Ends Today
- More HD DVD News...