|HD DVD NEWS||Receive HD DVD News via RSS|
'Mission: Impossible' Sequels to Get Standalone Blu-ray, HD DVD Releases
Tags: Disc Announcements, Paramount (all tags)
Breaking up its best-selling 'Ultimate Missions' HD DVD and Blu-ray box sets, Paramount Home Entertainment will release the first two 'Mission: Impossible' films as stand-alone discs on May 22.
Both 'Mission: Impossible' and its first sequel 'M:i-2' were originally available only as part of Paramount's 'Ultimate Missions' box set, which quickly became the studio's all-time top-selling next-gen release. (The package also contained the final installment in the trilogy, 'M:i:III,' which has already been made available for purchase separately).
Now, with 'Ultimate Missions' apparently having run through most of its sales course, the studio is finally ready to issue stand-alone versions of 'Mission: Impossible' and 'M:i-2.'
Each single-disc release will be identical to the versions in the box set. Tech specs include 1080p transfers and Dolby Digital 5.1 tracks, and a wealth of extras, including commentaries multiple featurettes, still galleries and more.
Paramount has set a $29.95 list price for each 'Mission' flick.
- Earlier on High-Def Digest:
- 'Mission: Impossible III' Top-Selling High-Def Title of 2006 (Dec 21, 2006)
- Most Recent HD DVD Headlines:
- HDD Deal of the Week: 'Stargate Atlantis: The Complete Series' Blu-ray $59.99 at Amazon!
- Weekend Roundtable: 2013 Xmas Wish List
- Samsung Rumored to be Developing AMOLED Tablets
- 'Captain Phillips' Blu-ray Dated and Detailed
- Kinect, Microtransactions, and Turkeys Collide on the Xbox One
- More HD DVD News...