|HD DVD NEWS||Receive HD DVD News via RSS|
'Failure to Launch' Ready for Blu-ray, HD DVD Re-Ignition
Tags: Disc Announcements, Paramount (all tags)
After a last-minute delay of its original street date, Paramount Home Entertainment has re-set 'Failure to Launch' for Blu-ray and HD DVD release on April 24.
The title, originally announced for simultaneous release on both next-gen formats on February 6, was later pulled without explanation from Paramount's high-def lists
'Failure to Launch' will see comparable releases on both formats, as well as all of the extras as their standard-def counterpart (which did stores as scheduled, on Feb 6).
Tech specs include 1080p transfers (in MPEG-2 on Blu-ray, and VC-1 on HD DVD), and Dolby Digital 5.1 tracks, which typical of Paramount, are unequal, with the Blu-ray getting a 640kbps encode, while the HD DVD gets a more robust 1.5mbps Dolby Digital-Plus version.
Extras are identical on both formats, including three featurettes, a "Moviefone Unscripted" interview with Matthew McConaughey and Terry Bradshaw, and the film's theatrical trailer.
Suggested list price is $29.95.
- Earlier on High-Def Digest:
- 'Failure to Launch' Blu-ray/HD DVD Stuck at Starting Gate (Feb 06, 2007)
- Most Recent HD DVD Headlines:
- HDD Deal of the Week: 'Gettysburg / Gods and Generals: Limited Collector's Edition' Blu-ray $33.99 at Amazon
- "Mastered in 4K" and the Road to Ultra HD
- Weekend Roundtable: Into Darkness
- 'The Borgias: The Complete Third Season' Blu-ray Dated and Detailed
- Reminder: 'Texas Chainsaw 3D' Contest Ends Today
- More HD DVD News...