|HD DVD NEWS||Receive HD DVD News via RSS|
National Geographic Dives Into Blu-ray, HD DVD with 'Relentless Enemies'
Tags: Disc Announcements, National Geographic, Warner (all tags)
'Relentless Enemies,' a documentary about some of the world's most beautiful (and man-eating) beasts will mark the National Geographic label's first foray into next-gen territory when it debuts on both formats March 27, 2007.
No tech specs or supplemental details just yet. However, preliminary info indicates an HD-30 for HD DVD and a BD-50 for Blu-ray, hinting that this could be a feature-filled release.
Retail will be $34.95 for each format.
National Geographic, which is distributed under the Warner Home Entertainment banner, now becomes the second major indie to add high-def support this week, following BBC Video's announcement last Friday that it will release its first next-gen title, 'Planet Earth' on both HD DVD and Blu-ray, also in March.
We've also set up dedicated threads for these latest titles in our Forums area -- click the following links to discuss the'Relentless Enemies' Blu-ray release and the 'Relentless Enemies' HD DVD release.
- Earlier on High-Def Digest:
- BBC Jumps Into Blu-ray, HD DVD With 'Planet Earth' (Jan 12, 2007)
- Most Recent HD DVD Headlines:
- Weekend Roundtable: One Sequel Too Many
- 'Star Trek: Enterprise - The Complete Second Season' Blu-ray Date and Pre-Orders Live
- 'Ace Ventura: Pet Detective' and 'Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls' Dated for Blu-ray
- 'Blood and Sand' Blu-ray Announced
- Theatrical Review: 'Fast & Furious 6'
- More HD DVD News...