|HD DVD NEWS||Receive HD DVD News via RSS|
Opera Hits HD DVD With 'Mozart: Die Zauberflote'
Tags: Disc Announcements, Music on High-Def, Opus Arte (all tags)
If you've been thirsting for opera on next-gen disc, mark October 30 on your calendar.
That's the day UK distributor Opus Arte will release 'Mozart: Die Zauberflote' (aka 'Mozart: The Magic Flute') on HD DVD here in the US.
Shot with high-definition cameras and originally broadcast on the BBC, this 2003 production of 'Die Zauberflote' features Mozart interpreter Sir Colin Davis conducting the chorus and orchestra of the Royal Opera House and a glittering cast live at London's Covent Garden.
The release marks the second HD DVD to hit the states from Opus Arte, one of the UK's leading indie distributors of art, classical and opera titles on standard-def DVD. (Opus previously released 'Tchaikovsky - Swan Lake' this past May.)
Tech specs are TBA, but the supplement package is set to include an illustrated synopsis of the opera, a behind-the-scenes featurette, an interview with Sir Colin Davis and a cast photo gallery.
Opus Arte has set a $39.98 MSRP for this HD DVD.
As always, you'll disc details for 'Mozart: Die Zauberflote' linked from our HD DVD Release Schedule, where it is indexed under October 30.
- Discs mentioned in this article: (Click for specs and reviews)
- Mozart: Die Zauberflote (HD DVD)
- Tchaikovsky: Swan Lake (HD DVD)
- Most Recent HD DVD Headlines:
- HDD Deal of the Week: 'Gettysburg / Gods and Generals: Limited Collector's Edition' Blu-ray $33.99 at Amazon
- "Mastered in 4K" and the Road to Ultra HD
- Weekend Roundtable: Into Darkness
- 'The Borgias: The Complete Third Season' Blu-ray Dated and Detailed
- Reminder: 'Texas Chainsaw 3D' Contest Ends Today
- More HD DVD News...