|HD DVD NEWS||Receive HD DVD News via RSS|
Magnolia Enters High-Def DVD Race, Announces First HD-DVD Titles
Tags: Disc Announcements, Magnolia (all tags) Magnolia Home Entertainment, the distribution arm of the company behind Steven Soderbergh's controversial 'Bubble,' is throwing its hat into the high-def DVD ring, reports Video Business.
The company, co-owned by mogul Mark Cuban, has announced it will release its first batch of HD-DVD titles this May. Initial disc releases will include 'Bubble,' the acclaimed documentaries 'Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room' and 'The War Within,' and the TV series 'Bikini Destinations' and 'Shuttle Discovery’s Historic Mission.' The latter two come from Cuban's HDNet cable channel, which delivers both original and licensed programming in high-definition.
Magnolia has not yet announced exact street dates, pricing or bonus feature details.
The company also made no official plans to support rival Blu-Ray when the format when the format launches in June.
We have added Magnolia's new announcements to our comprehensive HD-DVD Release Schedule, and will update it with the most current news as it comes in.
- Related links:
- Magnolia in HD-DVD 'Bubble' in May [Video Business]
- Most Recent HD DVD Headlines:
- 'Hannibal: Season One' Blu-ray Pre-Orders Live
- Xbox One Unveiled as the Ultimate All-in-One Entertainment System
- 'The Sword in the Stone: 50th Anniversary Edition' Announced for Blu-ray
- 'G.I. Joe: Retaliation' Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D Dated
- Videogame Releases: Week of May 19th, 2013
- More HD DVD News...