|HD DVD NEWS||Receive HD DVD News via RSS|
'Sopranos' Specs Unveiled
Tags: Disc Announcements, HBO (all tags) HBO Home Video has released the box cover art and specs for 'The Sopranos: Season Six, Volume One,' giving HD DVD fans a taste of what's to come when the set hits stores later this Fall.
Due November 7 day-and-date with the standard DVD release, the set will be the first TV title ever to debut on a next-gen high def format. And judging by the box art and early specs HBO has passed along to us, it looks a lot like what fans are already used to seeing with TV DVD. (Even the box art looks almost identical, except for the little HD DVD logo on the spine.)
Spanning four discs with three episodes each -- the same number as its standard DVD -- HBO will present the show in its original 1.78:1 broadcast aspect ratio and 1080p video, along with English Dolby Digital-Plus soundtracks and English, French and Spanish subtitles.
Extras announced so far include audio commentaries with cast and crew on four episodes, and no additional bonus content is planned exclusively for the HD DVD release.
Retail for the HD DVD version is set for $129.99, compared to $99.99 for the standard DVD edition.
The latest specs for 'The Sopranos: Season Six, Volume One' have been added to our complete HD DVD Release Schedule, and stay tuned for any additional details when they are officially announced.
- Earlier on High-Def Digest:
- 'The Sopranos' Headed to HD DVD (Aug 10, 2006)
- Most Recent HD DVD Headlines:
- HDD Deal of the Week: 'Stargate Atlantis: The Complete Series' Blu-ray $59.99 at Amazon!
- Weekend Roundtable: 2013 Xmas Wish List
- Samsung Rumored to be Developing AMOLED Tablets
- 'Captain Phillips' Blu-ray Dated and Detailed
- Kinect, Microtransactions, and Turkeys Collide on the Xbox One
- More HD DVD News...