|HD DVD NEWS||Receive HD DVD News via RSS|
BBC Video Plans 'Galapagos' and ' Room with a View' for Blu-ray, HD DVD
Tags: Disc Announcements, BBC (all tags)
Following the extraordinary success of 'Planet Earth,' BBC Video is apparently planning to bring its next two high-def releases, 'Galapagos' and 'A Room with a View' to Blu-ray and HD DVD this fall.
Defying all projections, 'Planet Earth' has rapidly become not only both the best-selling documentary and box set title on both next-gen formats, but also the top revenue-generating high-def disc release to date.
While future BBC Video releases are not likely to scale to such sales heights, the company (distributed through Warner Home Video) is certainly off to a great start. And now wisely, as part of the press coverage surrounding the unprecedented success of 'Planet Earth,' the distributor is taking the opportunity to preview their next two next-gen titles.
Though no dates have been set nor any tech specs revealed, according to an article in yesterday's Hollywood Reporter, BBC Video's next high-def releases this fall will be another award-winning documentary, 'Galapagos,' as well as the highly-acclaimed, Oscar-decorated 'A Room with a View.'
Given the high-quality of 'Planet Earth,' we're certainly excited to see what BBC Video has in store next for early adopters. We'll keep you posted as soon as more details on both releases are officially announced.
- Related links:
- 'Planet Earth' High-Def Sales Better Than the Rest [Hollywood Reporter]
- Earlier on High-Def Digest:
- 'Planet Earth' Generates Record HD DVD, Blu-ray Sales Revenue (Jun 07, 2007)
- Most Recent HD DVD Headlines:
- HDD Deal of the Week: 'Stargate Atlantis: The Complete Series' Blu-ray $59.99 at Amazon!
- Weekend Roundtable: 2013 Xmas Wish List
- Samsung Rumored to be Developing AMOLED Tablets
- 'Captain Phillips' Blu-ray Dated and Detailed
- Kinect, Microtransactions, and Turkeys Collide on the Xbox One
- More HD DVD News...